As a member of Kingston and Area Olympic Wrestling Club all athletes are expected to:
- Shower at Regi directly after practice or as soon as possible when the athlete arrives home. This is to avoid the athlete getting ringworm and any other skin infection. The showers/change rooms are located right off the gym.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the Ontario Amateur Wrestling Association, the Canadian Amateur Wrestling Association, or the rules of any host venue that we as a club are visiting.
- Arrive approx. 10 minutes before practice, with appropriate clean attire, ready to learn and work hard.
- Respect team mates, coaches, parents as well as opponents and treat them in a courteous manner.
- Inform the coach of any injuries or skin conditions as soon as possible. You will not be allowed to practice or compete if you have an infectious/contagious disease. Once the skin has returned to normal, or you have been cleared by a doctor, you will be able to return to the mats.
- Respect any facility that we are training or competing in. This includes hotel accommodations while away at tournaments. Theft or vandalism will not be tolerated.
- Use appropriate language at practice or at any wrestling related event.
- When traveling, all athletes are expected to stay in their assigned rooms. There will be appropriate chaperons for athletes under the age of 18. All athletes must be in their assigned rooms by 10 pm without exception. Any violation of this policy will result in the athlete being sent home at his/her own expense.
- Parents of wrestlers that are under 12 years of age (Grades 8 and under) are responsible for transportation and accommodation while away at tournaments, and for supervision during the event.
- The consumption of alcohol or drugs while representing our club is strictly forbidden.
- All athletes should be prepared to compete to the best of their ability; representing themselves, their families, and our club with pride.
- The KWC does not advocate any behavior contrary to fair play. Examples include: fighting, poor sportsmanship, or arguing with officials/coaches.
Defiance of any of the above rules/policies can result in an immediate suspension by any coaching staff present at that time. In the case of an overnight trip, the athlete can be sent home at his/her own expense or the expense of the parent/guardian if under the age of 18.
Ultimately, the Head Coach reserves the right to refuse or revoke membership to any athlete who fails to comply with the KWC rules, policies, and procedures. In the case of an appeal by the athlete or his/her parent/guardian, our executive will review the details of the suspension before the final decision is made.
Wrestling is a very physical and technical sport. With this in mind, it is at the coaches’ discretion if an athlete is ready for competition. Attendance, physical preparedness, commitment, and attitude will dictate who is eligible for competitions.
By agreeing below, both the athlete and parent/guardian (if under 18) acknowledge that they have read and accept the KWC Athletes Code of Conduct, Rules, Policies, and Procedures.